Sunday, July 25, 2010

Along Comes Life: Recap

Change is a relative thing. When looking into the future, change can hardly seem to happen fast enough, but when looking back it happens all too fast.


In the past year, I have moved out of my lifelong home in Los Angeles to another state altogether. Though I try not to dwell on the idea that my family is no longer within driving distance, I still miss them very much. So the faces and scenery have changed. Life circumstances are different. I have gotten a little older, matured a little more with time.


As a child, you of the outside world in terms of how it relates to you. Throughout your teenage years, you search for your identity. Who am I? Where and what do I come from? What do I want in life? What are my dreams and how do I accomplish them? A turbulent process it was.


Now, I can answer those questions with more certainty.


If I had to label the past year with a word, it would be Family. With a part of me still in Los Angeles, I think I was fortunate to have gotten a job working at an assisted living facility. In many ways, some residents and staff alike have become a sort of adopted family. The unexpected part of accepting that job was how much I would gain in enriching my own life, values, and my own family that I would one day have.


I am one of the lucky ones who have the one and only.


The things I like about Raihn are enough for me to want to spend the rest of my life getting to know him. In the beginning, I got a glimmer of who he is, a vision of who he could be, and then hope for what we could be together. The man I discovered is someone who is not afraid to be who he is and who he wants to be– a man who walks by the light of the Lord.


Raihn's life story is one that I admire, to say the least. The strength he displayed in overcoming the circumstances rendered from an unfortunate childhood and rise above it to become a good man seems almost superhuman to me. He always strives for and support what’s right, to better the things that are wrong, not only in his own life, but in those around him. He always puts his faith in the Lord first, to guide his life, and then to inspire those around him.












He has a bright light that has been dimmed many a times before by hardships, but every time I see the darkness closing in, I am inspired to protect that glow and help it grow. His heart is one of gold: he loves passionately and wholly, gives freely and unconditionally, supports with all his might. He has heart, he has faith, strength, and light. His eyes are soulful, his smile melts hearts, and his laughter inspires happiness. Raihn is a lion: he is a lover and a fighter. I know he will always protect me, lift me up and guide me.


He’s helped me understand my role as a Woman. I can be his companion and share our fun and nerdy interests; I can be his support and work to help him accomplish his childhood dreams of being the first one in his family to graduate from college and attaining his dream job; I can be his woman of grit and run beside him among the rocky terrains of life, whatever the challenges may be; I can be a better housewife (and proud of it) by cooking better meals and make the home a place of refuge where he can come back to after a long hard day’s work in the world outside. Together, we can make our house a home. He is my king and I will always strive to be by his side through the good times as well as the bad.




He is one in a million, and I’m lucky enough to be his.


And, of course, there is everyone who I am grateful for your friendship. Thanks for all the smiles and laughter.


There will be more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment