Monday, October 26, 2009

Golden Leaves, Hot Cocoa, and the Fall in Between

In the past several weeks, we’ve watched the leaves turn from green, to yellow, to orange, and now red. Today brought strong winds that washed the autumn leaves across streets, made bundled piles along people’s homes, and strewn across their lawns.  I feel the passing of the seasons more when their colors change so vibrantly right before your eyes. It’s a beautiful sight to behold – to see a world in organic red -  not one that you really notice in Los Angeles, except perhaps that one potted tree in your backyard (and you probably noticed it not because of the change in color of its leaves, but because it’s that annoying time of the year when you have to sweep up the leafy remains).

Life is so much more peaceful here. I don't think I would have ever had the time to take a break and just enjoy the moment in Los Angeles, and I'm sure I only notice it because I'm in a new atmosphere now. I'm a chocoholic as it is, but hot cocoa is so much more delicious when it's 30° out. Without college taking up my life and being able to just relax in my free time (instead of worrying to relax so that in itself becomes a chore), I find that I have the energy and inclination to make more of my free time. I volunteered to help some elderly make peanut-butter-birdseed-pine-cone-bird-feeders (say that 10x fast) for their bazaar. All the leftover peanut butter and birdseed was left outside for some lucky birdies. In a word, life is Breathable.

October 26. 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment