Sunday, November 15, 2009

"DOOM ON YOU MR. TANGO!"

Modern Warfare 2 Wallpaper by Shade117

So the news I have is bittersweet – SWEET that Modern Warfare 2 is such an enthralling video game and did not fail, BITTER that the experience lasted just over 7 hours in regular difficulty setting, and you’re left wanting more. It’s like watching a great movie or reading a captivating book where you’re hooked to the storyline and are emotionally vested in the characters. When I (PFC. Allen) was shot in the face by Makarov, I was quickly reminded not to get too attached to the characters (RE: CoD4 going down in a chopper after a nuclear blast and dying a slow painful death). I shouted for joy when Prisoner #627 was actually Captain Price. Knowing that, I had hoped that Ghost was actually Gaz (Ghost… ghost of Gaz… Gaz who died… get me?).  Well, one can hope. Needless to say, Infinity Ward did it again. Smiles all around.

I’m excited that, relatively speaking, a video game has so much depth, awesome gameplay, replayability, fun kickass characters… that the developers didn’t fudge up the sequel. COD4 remains number one on my favorite games list, but because MW2 built more upon its predecessor, it claims the number two spot on the list. The only negative thing I can say about the game is the pacing in MW2 (there is a lot more fast-paced-no-break shooting sequences within each Act). But that’s just a minor issue. I’m already replaying it again on the next difficulty setting :)

The other reason I’m excited is because it sparked the geekery nerve in me. It’s like going to Disneyland or BlizzCon and you just want to wrap yourself in the hype and get all into it for the fun and experience… I want to roll in a pile of videogames, Orson Scott Card books, Master Chief action figure, cool artwork of mech warriors, comic books, and other sci-fi goodness! As uncomfortable as that sounds…

Luckily, there were some amazing Deviant artwork to satiate this mad nerdom fit. Shimmering-Sword. Tabnir. Ukitakumuku.

Call of Duty 4 PSP Wallpaper by ninjasilver

Call of Duty 4 Victory Screen by Splinter54


Call of Duty 4 Sniper by OpaGe

No comments:

Post a Comment