Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Digital Sessions: Portrait of a Man











Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on whole the armor of God, …so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you readily to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Ephesians 6:10-17

This post is dedicated to my Man. Please excuse any cliches I may have because these thoughts and feelings are from the heart.

When you found me, I was still trapped in the darkness that had consumed my life. I tried to break free of that past, but it was one that I didn't understand. I used to imagine my life as thousands of broken shards that cut and bloodied my hands whenever I tried to put the pieces together. But through the grace of God, you helped me break through my voracious plague. You saw me for who I was. You saw through me. Though fragile, you raised me up with your bare hands and heart of gold and showed me a strength I've only imagined in faraway stories. Despite the trials and tribulations in your life, you gave me your undying strength. You helped me stand up to my demons. With faith, patience, clarity, and strength, you showed me: "Your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily."


I never imagined.

Babe, you are a story come true, my real life white knight in shining armor. In no exaggeration, you are the king of my world. I am only too blessed to take on your name. You have my ultimate trust. You have my love and admiration. You have my companionship, my love, my friendship, my admiration, my heart and soul. No one can stand up to the shadow of you. You, and only you, will I forever keep in my heart.

We will walk this road together, hand in hand, heart to heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment