Monday, May 24, 2010

Digital Sessions: A Theater of Clouds


I never knew a night so black
Light failed to follow on its track.
I never knew a storm so gray
It failed to have its clearing day.
I never knew such bleak despair,
That there was not a rift, somewhere.
I never knew an hour so drear,
Love could not fill it full of cheer.

--Unknown


Up here in the northwest, we get such dramatic clouds-- a line of enormous clouds build up over the mountain until they pour across the valley. Since the air is so clear, you can see clear across the valley; your eyes are delightfully stimulated by a mosaic of colors: sunny spots, shadowed areas, angel rays that break through spots in the clouds. I feel like a spectator in Earth's grand auditorium, a theater of clouds. And when the sun breaks through them, the colors that spread through the sky are incredible. How can you not feel rejuvenated?

No comments:

Post a Comment