Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nachos! For the Quick and Breezy

Craving something salty and cheesy, but don't want to spend too much time preparing? Here's a quick and easy way to create a yummy snack to satisfy those late night cravings!

First, you'll need to rummage through those cabinets for some tortilla chips and cheese. I prefer using those scoopy Tostitos chips. I don't know about you, but I hate it when I order nachos and only a few actually has cheese melted all over. So the scoopy chips ensures that you have a mouthful of ooegy gooey goodness in every bite.  I mean, isn't that the point of having nachos? Use whatever kinds of cheeses you enjoy. Here's what I grabbed from our pantry:
Pepper Jack cheese actually works very well for this since it brings a bit of spice. Lay out the nachos on a plate and generously sprinkle your cheese of choice onto each one. I tossed in some Six Cheese Blend and shredded some pepper jack and asiago slices into each scoop. Yummy! After that's done to your satisfaction, nuke the thing for 40-60 seconds.
 Don't be afraid to load 'em up with lots of cheese! They'll melt down quite a bit.
Our Eight Cheese Nachos... perfect for movie night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment